14 February 2011

Assignment 1b - Me, Myself & I (Computer Graphics & Final Prototype)

After identifying the design that I want to use, I start off tracing out the design using Adobe Illustrator. At the same time, I add in colours and gradients according to how I feel it should be.
After getting the whole design, I tried experimenting with gradients to make it look more presentable.



My friends and I prefer the second design thus I develop it further. I add in a background to allow people to focus on the image. I purposely make the outline of the serpent white to make my name stand out.

The feedback that I got was the name is not easily read as one needs to really tilt their head to the right to be able to read it. The glow would be better if placed on top. Thus, I rotate the image and change the background to guide people into being able to read my name. I put the silhouette of a sun at the top left to create an effect.
My final design gives people a sense that the image is flying since I have added diagonal lines to show the speed. From this final prototype, I want to show people that I am proud of being a medic. My secondary goals are to bring across the message that I love travelling and nature. This can be interpreted through the element of speed and the choice of colour green, brown and blue.

No comments: