17 January 2011

Adobe Illustrator Practice (Portrait)

I wanted to make a cartoon of myself using Adobe Illustrator. Using the skills taught in the Adobe Illustrator for beginners workshop, I began by tracing out the profile of my face using the pen tool. I use thinner lines for details such as my nose and ear. The outcome can be seen below.
Tracing Out the Face
I move on by adding colours to the picture. I face a problem whereby I could not add colours to specific parts as there are many incomplete paths in my tracing although all the lines seems to be connected to each other. I end up having to trace again to complete the path. Finally, I manage to add in colours to the picture. I use the eyedropper tool to help me get a suitable colour for the lips and face.
Adding Gradients to the Face
For a beginner, I am satisfied with the outcome of the cartoon. Given more time, I hope to improve on the gradient for the eyes and add more gradients to the face.
Comparison between the Original and Edited Photo

1 comment:

Saravana arun said...

nice macho..a all the best dear.. contact me friend.. brilliantterror@gmail.com