08 March 2011

Assignment 3 - U See What I C

Task: Create ONE sequence of images comprises between 6-9 photographs that tells a linear photo narrative.

My concept for this assignment is on motorcycle accident. I start off drawing a storyboard that encompasses this concept.
Using the storyboard, I start taking several photos for every part of my story to enable me to explore the shot sizes and camera angles. I then choose the most appropriate shot for the different parts of my story.
After choosing the photos that I want, I put the photos together to form the story.
The story is about a person who just finished his defensive riding course. He was all prepared to go home when he met into an accident. The message that I want to bring across is that you can never be too prepared.

I use Adobe Photoshop in the last photo to make the female rider as though she is shouting.

The comments that I got from my peers is that some people might not know what defensive riding is. I should take a close up shot of the defensive riding brochure. The accident does not seems to be real.

After gathering all the comments, I went on to draw another storyboard but I keep the idea of motorcycle accident. This time round, I make it as if he is rushing to work when he met into an accident.
As usual, I went on to take several shots for every part of the story to experiment with shot sizes and camera angles.
After choosing the photos that I want, I place the chosen photos together to create my story.
As explained above, my story this time round is about how a person is rushing to go for work when he met into an accident. The idea of him rushing is seen in many of the shots whereby movement can be seen. I make the accident look more realistic by turning the bike and showing the rider lying prone on the road, with his helmet flung out.

I use Adobe Photoshop in this series to change the plate numbers to maintain privacy. I also did a bit of cropping to allow people to focus their attention on the important aspects of my photos.

No comments: